Targeting acid gas emissions challenges in the non-ferrous metallurgy industry
Non-ferrous metallurgy applications such as the production and recovery of aluminum, copper, tin zinc and lead; the refining and recycling of precious or semi-precious metals; and the roasting of spent petrochemical rare metals catalysts involve a wide variety of processes which generate HCL and SOx emissions from either combustion or specific manufacturing steps. SOLVAir®’s sodium-based solutions can help drastically reduce these emissions by up to >99%, enabling the industry to easily comply with EPA regulations or other specific rules. Click here to find out more!
Non-ferrous metallurgy – simpler, more economical operations
In the non-ferrous metallurgy industry, recycling is both feasible and economically sound! Some manufacturing processes allow the recycling of residual sodium chemicals from flue gas treatment systems that use sodium bicarbonate. As a result, operators use less raw materials, and no flue gas purification residues have to be disposed of, which simplifies operations and reduces operating expenses. Click here for more information.
For over 30 years, SOLVAir® S150 and S200 Trona, and S300 and S350 Sodium Bicarbonate have helped eliminate or control SO2 and SO3 (SOx), HCl and mercury (Hg) in acid gas emissions. Our understanding of regulatory compliance, expertise in Dry Sorbent Injection, and our ongoing independent field tests help customers meet their compliance goals, both effectively and cost-effectively.
SOLVAir’s trona or sodium bicarbonate in a Dry Sorbent Injection system has effectively helped reduce or eliminate SO2, SO3 and HCl in flue gases in markets including coal fired power plants, cement, glass, biomass, waste-to-energy, industrial boilers and waste incinerators.
SOLVAir® Products, including S150 and S200 Trona, and S300 and S350 Sodium Bicarbonate, are the direct approach for air pollution control. Whether in wet or dry scrubbers or in Dry Sorbent Injection (DSI) systems, these are the products your plant needs to clear the air.
The Responsible Care® Initiative
We are committed to sustainable development through the Responsible Care initiative, a policy adhered to by all Solvay companies, in every country in which Solvay has a presence. The Responsible Care initiative underscores our focus on continuous improvement in the health, safety and environment of our planet.
Visit www.solvairsolutions.com for more information.
Click Here To Download Technical Information
- Calcium (Lime Based) Sorbents vs. Sodium (Sorbents)
- What's Trona
- Combined Treatment Of HCl And SO2: Independent Study Shows Selectivity And Effectiveness Of Dry Sodium Sorbent Injection!
- Dry Sorbent Injection With Trona Or Sodium Bicarbonate Meets HCl Limit In Utility MACT
- SOLVAir Solutions: Air Pollution Control Solutions From The Market Leader
- Use Dry Sorbent Injection To Comply With Air Emissions Regulations
- Presentation: Dry Injection Of Sodium Sorbents For HCl And SO2 Mitigation - Effects Of Using Mills
- Presentation: Proper System Design For Handling Fine Powder Sorbents
- Presentation: Comparison Of Sodium Bicarbonate And Trona For SO2 Mitigation At A Coal-Fired Power Plant
- Presentation: Dry Sorbent Injection Of Trona Or Sodium Bicarbonate For Air Pollution Control And Corrosion Prevention
- Presentation: Dry Sorbent Injection Of Trona And Sodium Bicarbonate For SO2, SO3, NOx And Mercury Mitigation
- Presentation: Dry Sorbent Injection Of Sodium Sorbents For Acid Gas Mitigation In Waste Incineration
- Presentation: A Better Alternative To SO3 For Conditioning Electrostatic Precipitators
- Presentation: Dry Injection Of Trona Or Sodium Bicarbonate To Mitigate HCl And SO2 From Industrial Boilers
- Presentation: HCl And SO2 Mitigation With Dry Injection Of Trona Or Sodium Bicarbonate
- SOLVAir Solutions...Taking Air Pollution Control Into The Open Air!
- SOLVAir Select 200 Trona Application Guide
- Handling Dry Bulk Solids: Lessons Learned From DSI Systems