This design is ideal for companies who want to achieve a zero-discharge facility by evaporating medium to large quantities of wastewater. In addition, this all-electric alternative is best for industries or plants without a steam boiler.
The VCEs are also equipped with NEMA 4X electrical components and PLC controller. This provides a fully automated system that is reliable and easy to operate.
* 10 to 20 times more energy efficient than a single effect evaporator
* Only requires 30 to 40 kw to evaporate 100 gallons of wastewater (about 2 cents to 4 cents per gallon, depending on cost per kw of electricity)
* Wastewater and rinse water recovery
* Provides a zero discharge wastewater recovery system
* Volume reduction of aqueous wastes
* Meet stringent or nondetectable metal limits
* Meet nondetectable mercury limits
* Meet new molybdenum limits
* Removal and recovery of heavy metals
* Operates at lower temperatures
* Lowest possible energy costs
* Vacuum system with no air emissions
* Eliminates potential for vapor leaks
* No external vacuum source
* No environmental discharge permits required
* Safe design (meets OSHA requirements)
Mech-Chem Associates, Inc., 148 Main Street, Norfolk, MA 02056. Tel: 508-528-5990; Fax: 508-528-8972.