The high sensitivity fluorescent stain for all types of nucleic acids.
GelStar gel stain represents the latest advance in nucleic acid staining technology. This high-performance dye allows sensitive fluorescent detection of DNA and RNA using a standard 300 nm UV transilluminator following gel electrophoresis. Gels can be documented with either Polaroid film or a CCD-based system.
GelStar Stain Offers Many Advantages (Compare to Ethidium Bromide)
- Flexible staining options: add directly to the agarose solution prior to casting or poststain
- Detects as little as 20 pg of dsDNA
- Detects as little as 3 ng of RNA in nondenaturing gels
- Detects as little as 10 ng of glyoxalated RNA
- Stains DNA for SSCP analysis in MDE gels
- No destaining required
- Detects DNA in thick (> 5 mm) or high concentration (> 3%) agarose gels
Fast and Easy to Use
GelStar stain provides outstanding sensitivity and low backrounds while eliminating time consuming poststaining and destaining steps. For maximum performance and convience, GelStar stain can be added directly to your agarose solution prior to casting the gel. If poststaining is preferred, processing with GelStar stain is complete in only 20 min without destaining.
Note: For optimal sensitivity with black and white film photography, gels stained with GelStar stain should be photographed with the GelStar photographic filter.
N/A, 191 Thomaston Street, Rockland, ME 04841. Tel: 207-594-3480; Fax: 207-594-3426.