Easy to use, self-administered kit with return envelope...
Formaldehyde is a common, colorless gas in the indoor environment. Exposures to elevated levels can result in irritation to the eyes, nose and throat. If levels are high enough, an exposed person may have tearing eyes, sneezing, and coughing. There is also sufficient evidence that formaldehyde is carcinogenic, or cancer causing in certain exposure conditions. Formaldehyde may also trigger asthma attacks.
Sources of formaldehyde are numerous and included wood products such as furniture, flooring, shelving, particleboards, and cabinetry; paper products, textiles, paints and coatings, insulations, and other man-made materials. Although low levels of formaldehyde are common, elevated and long-term exposures are not recommended. Newly manufactured materials and newly constructed homes and buildings frequently have elevated levels of formaldehyde that can lead to irritation.
When should I test?
- Allergies, asthma or upper respiratory irritation persist
- Eyes and nose frequently burn
- Newly constructed or renovated home or building
- Slight pungent odor is detected
- New furniture, shelving or cabinetry or textiles are installed
- Frequent use of particleboards and other man-made wood products
How is the test conducted?
The test kit will provide you with a special air monitor that will collect airborne formaldehyde. The monitor is removed from the kit, uncapped and hung in an area of concern for a 5-7 day period. Frequent areas tested include bedrooms, living rooms, offices, office cubicles, kitchens, conference rooms, schoolrooms, science laboratories, and cars. After the test period, the monitor is removed, capped, and sent back to AQS' accredited chemical laboratory for chemical analysis.
What type of report will I receive?
Within 5 days of the kit arriving back to the laboratory, a report will be sent to you listing the level of formaldehyde found and illustrating how it compares to current standards and guidelines. The results will indicate your risk level form exposure and guidance on controlling levels will be supplied.
What are the benefits of the IAQ Formaldehyde Test Kit?
- Easy to use, self-administered kit with return envelope
- No extra equipment is needed
- Air level of formaldehyde reported in easy to read report
- Results will alert you of need to adjust your environment to reduce risks
- Information is available to your healthcare provider to assist in reducing or eliminating your symptoms
All shipping and packaging included in the price.
Air Quality Sciences, Inc., 1337 Capital Circle, Atlanta, GA 30067-8720. Tel: 770-933-0638; Fax: 770-933-0641.