The WTC Data Monitoring and Control System (DMCS) provides the configuration of the WTC Integrated Control Instrumentation System (ICIS
The Basics of DMCS:
The WTC Data Monitoring and Control System (DMCS) provides the configuration of the WTC Integrated Control Instrumentation System (ICIS) and the operator interface to the sensor, process equipment and instrumentation. WTC custom configures the DMCS to meet the user's specific application; the DMCS is built on a very flexible platform and can accommodate a wide range of user requirements. DMCS can easily incorporate sensor inputs, control outputs, and alarms from the process to form an integrated, plant-wide monitoring, control and reporting system.
The DMCS software operates on an IBM compatible PC connected to WTC ICIS hardware. Together the software and hardware provide data acquisition, data logging, alarm and process control capability designed to meet the following types of applications:
3) Ambient Air
4) Water Quality
5) Waste Water Treatment Processes
6) Other monitoring and reporting requirements with sample rates of 1 second (or longer) and reporting periods of 10 seconds (or Longer).
7) General Process monitoring and control
8) Other feedback control systems with update rates of 1 second or longer.
The main functions of DMCS include:
1) Human-Machine-Interface with real-time data display
2) System calibration and other process controls
3) System configuration
4) Data polling from ICIS hardware and generation of the data files on the PC
5) Data transfer between ICIS units and "DDE aware" programs. Example: Excel
6) Remote dial-in data access