AquaCarb® 1240CAT carbon is a high activity coconut shell based granular activated carbon that has been modified to provide enhanced catalytic properties. This hard, attrition resistant, high surface area carbon retains its pore structure to remove compounds such as disinfection by-products, TCE, PCE, MTBE, and other trace level organics from potable, waste and process water, while adding the catalytic functionality that is required for applications involving oxidation, reduction, and decomposition reactions.
AquaCarb® 1240CAT carbon is designed to be utilized for liquid phase applications involving catalytic reactions, including:
- Hydrogen Peroxide decomposition
- Hydrogen Sulfide oxidation
- Chloramine decomposition/reduction
Each lot of AquaCarb® 1240CAT carbon is identified by lot number and sampled and analyzed in accordance with Evoqua Water Technologies’ QA/QC program. Evoqua's laboratories are fully equipped to provide complete quality control analysis using ASTM standard test methods in order to assure the consistent quality of all Westates® carbons. Our technical staff offers hands-on guidance in selecting the most appropriate system, operating conditions and carbon to meet your needs. For more information contact your nearest Evoqua representative.
Features and Benefits
- Fully conforms to physical, performance and leachability requirements established by the current ANSI/AWWA B604 (which includes the Food Chemical Codex requirements)
- Retains extensive micropore structure for effective VOC removal
- Retains physical characteristics of coconut shell based carbons (low ash, high hardness)
- A detailed quality assurance program guarantees consistent quality from lot to lot and shipment to shipment
Click here to learn more or connect with a product specialist