NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Duff & Phelps, the world’s premier provider of governance, risk and transparency solutions, today announced that it has achieved carbon neutrality across all of its 25 global offices and is now a CarbonNeutral® company, certified in accordance with The CarbonNeutral Protocol. The company has pledged a continued commitment to carbon neutrality globally and will review its offset program every five years.
Becoming a CarbonNeutral company is a primary step in a long-term strategy of emission reduction. The process involves reducing carbon emissions across all or parts of scopes 1, 2 and 3 through a combination of internal efficiencies and offsets. Working with third-party climate finance experts, Natural Capital Partners, Duff & Phelps offsets emissions each year by supporting carbon finance projects that positively impact local communities. All projects are tracked against the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and contribute to Duff & Phelps’ broader environmental, social and governance (ESG) strategy. The supported projects are located around the world and are representative of Duff & Phelps’ global reach.
Marty Dauer, Chief Marketing and Communications Officer at Duff & Phelps, said, “Becoming a CarbonNeutral company is an important step on our path to achieving our social and environmental sustainability goals. Among our commitments to a cleaner world for future generations, we have supported a number of environmentally focused charities through the Duff & Phelps Charitable Foundation along with our multi-year pledge to carbon neutrality.”
Natalie Taylor, Director of Client Engagement at Natural Capital Partners, said, “We are delighted to be working with Duff & Phelps to achieve its ESG goals. By becoming a CarbonNeutral company and using high-quality offsets, Duff & Phelps is demonstrating climate leadership and contributing to a range of impactful emission reduction projects around the world. We look forward to continuing to work with Duff & Phelps on its climate journey.”
Supported projects for 2019 include:
- Improved Cookstoves in Mexico – providing essential funds to enable low income households to purchase new cookstoves in rural Mexico, helping to tackle indoor air pollution and reducing emissions from non-renewable sources
- West India Wind Power – helping India’s green growth agenda by supporting a renewable energy wind power project of 242 turbines in Western districts Jaisalmer, Raijkot and Surendranagar
- Australian Savanna Fire Management – supporting the proactive management of Savanna fires in Australia through the indigenous tradition of strategic burnings to prevent uncontrolled wildfires
- America’s Seneca Meadows – producing electricity from landfill gas to power 18,000 homes in America and restoring native wildlife across almost 420 acres of new wetlands and nearly 160 acres of existing wooded wetlands
- India Household Biogas – transforming farm waste into clean energy for families and supporting job creation and training in the fields of regenerative agriculture and waste management
About Duff & Phelps
Duff & Phelps is the world’s premier provider of governance, risk and transparency solutions. We work with clients across diverse sectors in the areas of valuation, corporate finance, disputes and investigations, cyber security, claims administration and regulatory compliance. With Kroll, the leading global provider of risk solutions, and Prime Clerk, the leader in complex business services and claims administration, our firm has nearly 4,000 professionals in 25 countries around the world. For more information, visit www.duffandphelps.com.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200909005129/en/
Copyright Business Wire 2020