Navigators Environmental Division Launches New Contractor Pollution Liability Policy Form
New York, NY (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) - The Navigators Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:NAVG) today announced that its principal underwriting agency subsidiary, Navigators Management Company, Inc., has released a new enhanced Environmental Contractor's Pollution Liability "Toolkit II" policy form. This new policy is designed to provide state-of-the-art coverage from liabilities for pollution incidents to a wide variety of general service, specialty and trade contractors.
"There is a growing demand for intelligent risk transfer solutions for increasingly complex environmental exposures and regulations faced by contractors," said Brad Kuchinic, Senior Vice President and Practice Leader for Navigators Environmental. "To meet this demand and better serve our clients, we recognize the need for our policies to adapt and evolve to these emerging liabilities."
Greg Heidemann, Vice President of Navigators Environmental added, "We are thrilled with this new policy's broad single insuring agreement approach, which helps to reduce coverage gaps and provide comprehensive protection for the different stages of a contractor's business, whether it is at a jobsite, during transit, or waste disposal."
Key policy coverage features include:
- Limits available up to $15 million
- Single, broad, all-encompassing Insuring Agreement for "Your Work" which includes contracting, transportation, and waste disposal on an occurrence trigger
- Coverage offered on a practice or project specific basis
- Defense costs outside the limits and not subject to a deductible
- Broad definition of "pollutants/pollution incidents" to include silt and sedimentation, fungus, midnight dumping, EMFs, low-level radioactive matter, and wrongful delivery
- Worldwide coverage territory
- No professional liability exclusion and givebacks to many standard policy exclusions
- Sudden and accidental coverage at the contractor's owned premises
- Protection for Environmental Crisis Management and Emergency Response Costs
- Restoration costs expanded to include betterments entailing the use of materials meeting green standards
Navigators Environmental offers a full range of environmental liability insurance products. For more information about our products and services, please visit our website at www.navg.com.
The Navigators Group, Inc. is an international specialty insurance holding company with insurance company operations, underwriting management companies, and operations at Lloyd's. Headquartered in New York, Navigators has offices in major insurance centers in the United States, the United Kingdom and Continental Europe.
This press release may contain "forward-looking statements" as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Whenever used in this release, the words "estimate," "expect," "believe," "may," "will," "intend," "continue" or similar expressions are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. We cannot assure that results that we anticipate will be achieved, since results may differ materially because of known and unknown risks and uncertainties that we face. Please refer to Navigators' most recent Forms 10-K and 10-Q and its other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission for a description of Navigators' business and the important factors that may affect that business. Navigators undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement.
© Copyright 2013, GlobeNewswire, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SOURCE: The Navigators Group, Inc.