Alternative Utility Services Purchases Renewable Energy Certificates
- Alternative Utility Services, Inc. purchases 25 Renewable Energy Certificates;
- helping to further the production of wind energy.
Alternative Utility Services, Inc. (AUS) supports their sustainability goals with the purchase of 25 Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs); covering the anticipated energy cost of doing business over a 12 month period.
This purchase, of the environmental attributes of 25 megawatt hours (25,000 kWh) of renewable energy generation, equates to 27,972 pounds of CO2 NOT being produced.
And 27,972 pounds of CO2 is equivalent to:
- the emissions from 1,422 gallons of gasoline consumed
- the emissions from 529 propane cylinders used for home barbecues
- the greenhouse gas emissions avoided by recycling 4.8 tons of waste instead of sending it to the landfill
"The purchase of these RECs," said Fritz Kreiss, president of AUS, "allows us to reach our sustainability goals, minimize our carbon footprint and support the development of alternative energy."
The AUS RECs came from Crossroads Wind Farm in Oklahoma, and support the development of wind energy.
SOURCE: Alternative Utility Services, Inc. (AUS)